Tuesday 26 November 2013

Day 3 of Deactivation


Please bear with the title of these blogs, the addiction will take it's time to wear off K? Soooo. Today was fine. the usual. the interesting bit was that my cousin introduced me to this competition to write a 300 words article on Umera Ahmed for a drama page on Facebook. Since it is already established that Umera Ahmed is the J K Rowling of Urdu dramas, I was more than happy to write about her and her dramas. I wish it gets approved not cause the winners (top 3) would get 500 Rs. worth of balance card for their mobile (HAHAHHA WHAT!?) but cause I wanted to write about her and pay homage to one of the most fantastic writers of Urdu. I'll be brutally honest with you guys if I say I didnt read anything in Urdu for the past so many years since my interest never developed in the language itself. Umera Ahmed changed that for me. The moment I started reading Peer e Kamil, I knew I was in for a fantastic reading ride. She has a great understanding of religion, people, relationships and other troubles of human life.
Anyways, If it gets published or something Imma share the link or the article itself here. till then, toodles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment