Saturday 20 July 2013

Iftar at a restaurant


I still can't figure out the purpose behind going to a restaurant for iftar. A time when one should sit together with one's family and spend time thanking Allah for His benevolence, we choose to plan for iftar at a restaurant offering ridiculous deals. 600 rupees per person for all-you-can-eat is still not digestible to me. I have never succumbed to such schemes of these restaurants since the deals are nothing but a waste of moolah. Why would I ever want to pay 600 rupees to munch on just three slices of Pizza? any sane person would give this a thought before spending his money on these so-called iftar deals. I am not saying that it is wrong to go out with your family for iftar, I just want you people to become a little cautious while spending your money. There is a special sort of charm in this month that attracts people to do good deeds even if they don't do much charity through out the year. So when one could avoid going to restaurants for expensive iftars and utilize the same amount of money to feed some one needy, then why not take an initiative.

No comments:

Post a Comment